Monday, April 12, 2010

Xpostulate v0.2

Xpostulate v0.2 - x-posting blog client in tcl/tk
I've made a ton of improvements and added various features to Xpostulate since posting here in reference thereto.

I've programmed in xml-rpc posting, and added Wordpress, Inksome, and Scribbld, so it now posts to LiveJournal, InsaneJournal, Dreamwidth, DeadJournal, Iziblog, and the above mentioned 3.

I've also customized the script running on my own machine, to post to my custom wordpress installation on baldwinsoftware.com/blog, which means I'll be able to write than in for users rather easily (not posting to MY blog, but to their own wordpress installations, of course).

I've also fixed the identi.ca denting and twitter tweeting to use Tcl's own HTTP library, rather than calling cURL. This facilitates installation and use on Windows, mostly, but also, it's good that now Xpostulate is completely, 100% tcl/tk, without calling outside resources to perform any of its functions.

Today I built install wizards for both Linux and Windows. This was probably hardly necessary for most Linux users, since the installer hardly does much different from the install.sh script (well, except the install.sh installs to /usr/local/bin, and, thus, must be run as root, while the installer can be run as users, installing to the user's /home). The Windows installer, however, will significantly simplify installation for Windows users.

Now, I still have to figure out the google api for posting to blogger, so I can post to this blogspto/blogger blog.
I'm also considering adding a feature for updating facebook status, as well...maybe sometime later this week.
I'm rather impressed with myself, I must say, being an old, creEpy guy with no computer classes or formal technology training. For me, Xpostulate is immensely useful, and, when I think that I programmed it, and that others are using it, too, well, I feel pretty smug and content with myself.
Sometimes I'm so awesome, I can't stand myself...
:P

No comments: